Here are the financial resources I personally use and recommend.
Here are the bank accounts I use and recommend.
The checking account I use and recommend is Mountain America’s MyStyle checking. Here’s why:
- Extensive rewards program including travel rebates, cash back, gift cards, and more
- Free online and mobile banking
- Visa® Debit Card included
- Easy access to cash
- NCUA Insured (similar to FDIC insured but NCUA’s for credit unions)
- Ability to build banking and business relationships
- $100 sign up bonus
- No minimum to open an account
Use this link to open an account with Mountain America and get $100 bonus today! If you use this link, it helps me out too 🙂Thanks!
The savings account I use and recommend is Capital One 360 Savings. Here’s why:
- No fees or minimums
- Ability to use sub-savings accounts
- Great interest rates. I get 1.00% compared to the 0.06% most other places are offering. That’s about 17 times better than the average savings account.
- Links directly to my Mountain America MyStyle checking account
- Ability to check and monitor your credit (teamed up with Credit Wise)
- You can do everything online with an ultra-simple interface
- $25 sign up bonus
Use this link to get $25 for free when you open a Capital One 360 account today! If you use this link to open an account it will help me too 🙂 Thanks!
Vanguard is the world’s largest mutual fund company and is the leader in low-cost investing. I have used them since I began investing and believe they should be your first choice. Here’s why:
- Largest and most respected in the industry
- Easy to use online platform and tools
- The best investment options including low-cost index funds and ETFs
- Excellent customer service
- Lowest fees in the industry
- Great educational resources
Personal Finance Tools
Here are the personal finance tools I use and recommend.
Mint pulls all your financial accounts into one place and enables you to create a budget, track your goals, and do more with your money for free. Once a week, Whitney and I login to review our budget and evaluate how we’re doing financially. Here’s why I recommend it:
- It’s free
- Simple to use and intuitive online interface
- Pulls all your financial accounts (bank, credit cards, investments) into one place
- Automatically syncs with your accounts
- Ability to track income, expenses, investments, debts, and net worth all in one place
- Easy to track, categorize, and evaluate spending and income patterns
- Ability to analyze trends in your finances and identify needed adjustments
- Spending alerts and reminders to pay bills
Wealth Management Tool
Personal Capital is the primary tool we use to track and evaluate our net worth. Here’s why I recommend it:
- It’s free
- Ability to track your net worth so you can see the progress
- Syncs with all your financial accounts and puts them in one place
- Intuitive financial dashboard
- Ability to analyze your portfolio’s fees, especially the hidden fees
- Provides a snapshot of your asset allocation and makes recommendations
- Great retirement planning calculator
Money Saving Apps
Here are the apps I use to save money.
Ibotta is a cool little app that enables you to collect cash rebates for buying certain products. We primarily use it for grocery shopping, but you can earn cash back apparel, cosmetics, mobile apps and more. Here’s why I recommend it:
- You get real cash back, not just discounts or rewards points
- It’s simple and convenient to use.
- Customized list of rebates that fit your shopping habits and your favorite stores
- Great product choices to earn cash back on
- The rebates can be significant
- $10 cash back to sign up
Use this link to sign up for Ibotta and get $10 cash back today! If you use this link, it helps me out too 🙂 Thanks!
Financial Coaching Services
I may be a little bias 😉 but I recommend yours truly—your Freedom Financial Coach! I am a CPA, investor, entrepreneur, author, financial junkie, and hobby enthusiast. But above all, I’m a family man that loves to help others achieve their financial goals! Here’s why I think you should consider hiring me:
- 95% of what I offer is free. The only exception is when I give personalized advice that matches your life
- Advice is founded on actual experience. Yes, I understand money, finance, and investing, but more importantly, I DO it. Theory is great but actual experience is even better.
- I focus on creating customized plans specifically tailored to help you achieve your goals.
- You’re in control. I’ll give you the tools and necessary step-by-step guidance to succeed, but you’ll be in control.
- My incentives are inline with yours. Unlike most financial folks, I don’t have an incentive to sell you funds with hidden fees that pay high commissions. I recommend the same funds and investments I use. I don’t collect commissions.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. I focus on adding as much value as possible. If you’re not 100% satisfied, you get your money back.
- Contact me at SkylerMassey@FreedomFinancialCoach.com or (801) 602-7325